Compatibility, Meaning, Benefits, Characteristics, Healing & Effects in Astrology & Horoscope by date of birth of :-
• HESSONITE GARNET (GOMED) is the stone of planet “RAHU”, the dragon’s head. In Indian astrology, RAHU is said to be a shadow planet. He is the son of “SINHIKA” the daughter of “HIRNYAKASHYAPU”.
• As per Hindu mythology, at the time of “SAAGAR MANTHAN”, the devil “RAHU” managed to drink the immortal fluid “AMRIT” along with holy angels “DEVTAS”. Lord Vishnu became angry and cut his head using his “SUDARSHAN CHAKRA”. But as RAHU managed to drink “AMRIT”, he could not die. As the result the head and the trunk of his body were still alive. Afterwards, these two parts of his body became the shadow planet by the name of “RAHU” and “KETU”.
• Rahu is by nature is a malevolent planetary influence which can cause personal frustration, sacrileges habits, abuse of alcohol and drugs, and infectious diseases. However when located in powerful position in one's horoscope, Rahu can elevate one to the positions of great wealth and power and confer public influence over the masses. Rahu is associated with serpents, fear, karmic retribution, and un-virtuous characters.
• Persons with rahu exalted are wealthy and fortunate. But those with weak or afficted Rahu have a tendency to suffer from fear of supernatural phenomena. Ultra-violet is the cosmic color transmitted by hessonite and other orange gems. Ultra-violet is the coldest of all the cosmic rays and should be used for ailments caused by extreme over-heating. i.e. high fever, hyper-acidity, indigestion. Rahu is particularly associated with scientific genius and ability to deal successfully with people of lower status, such as servants, employees, and under world character.
• These two planets are not there in the solar system. But Indian astrologers consider them to be shadow planets. RAHU and KETU are always placed in 7th house from each other and they always transit in the retrograde position in the horoscope.
• “RAHU” is a wicked planet.
• “RAHU” alike SATURN (SHANI), is said to be the SORROW of the “KAAL PURUSHA”.
• “RAHU” indicates the position of the paternal grandfather of the native. It indicates the false arguments, bonding, restlessness, wondering speech, conspiracy, black magic, tantra, smoking habits, dreams, wicked thoughts, swelling in the body, empires, states, philosophy.
• The powerful presence of “RAHU” in the horoscope blesses the native with a gain and fame in the business of Iron ore, poisonous products, leather, cement, mustard seeds, mustard oils, woolen clothes, blankets, rotten goods, vegetables, sharp piercing, foreign exchange, photography, astrology, ammunition, horse and camel trade, commission agents, lottery, circus, wine and smokes, rubber etc.
• “RAHU” may be behind the diseases like poisonous diseases, non-diagnosable diseases, leprosy, black de-coloring eye disease, skin diseases, sleeplessness, abdominal and stomach related diseases, mental illness, itching, ulcer, blood diseases etc.
• If the position of “RAHU” is in favor, the native will be enjoying a great intellectual power, the life fill with all luxuries, servants, cars and comforts.
• Wearing a GOMED at the time of Mahadasha or Antardasha of “RAHU” helps in a native to get rid of the tribulations caused by the malefic “RAHU”.
• Gemstones goverened by Rahu include hessonite, spessertite, zircon, and other natural gems of golden-orange to brownish-orange hues can be used.